Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Under the Sea Inspiration

I haven't had much of a chance to paint but with such a hectic end of the week coming up, I decided to fit it in. I was inspired by the beautiful fish I saw while snorkeling off the island of Maui. This was done in mixed media. The background of yellow, red and blue was done in acrylics, the trigger fish were done in watercolor and india ink.


This Hawaiian Trigger Fish can be found in my Etsy store.
I also am having a sale this week 20% on all my framed handpainted tile.


4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Beautiful! You are SO talented! Do you sell your work in galleries or anywhere else??

palette48 said...

Thanks bette jo,

I did have some of my work in the local galleries but now I sell almost exclusively online. I do consign with a local gift store and they carry my cards and magnets.

The Family Jewels said...

I love this one! I love the colors and the intensity and the black over the top! This is gorgeous. I am glad that you made the time to do something for yourself. It is beautiful!

palette48 said...

Tonia,

I like the colors too. Sometimes things flop but I am happy with how this painting turned out.
Appreciate the comments!