Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Healthcare Frustration

I called the hospital again to make an appointment for my son. They were supposed to call me back when the results were in. I heard nothing so I called them again. This is the 5th time I have tried to make an appt. Apparently, they still have not received the results. A person could literally die here just waiting to get in! I told the hospital in no uncertain terms that I was not happy about this. I know she is the receptionist and it isn't her fault that the results aren't there (after being faxed by my dr.'s office twice). I am very tired of getting the run around. I ended up faxing the lab results ,for the 3rd time, to her myself.

Now I tried to show restraint but believe me if my son was having the big D everyday and losing pound after pound, I would be calling them night and day to get him in. So far the calcium, probiotics and enzymes are keeping food in him. But he is still not normal. He wakes up everyday and he feels like crap for at least the first few hours but that is a big improvement from before when he was waking up with severe pain (a ten on a scale from 1-10).

I don't know how parents deal with having a sick child. Not only do they have to cope with their love one being ill but they have to deal with all this bureaucracy too. I am also getting ready to battle my insurance company as they want me to take my son to a doctor in the area. Well, I would, except there are no GI doctors that accept children unless you travel three hours away. I don't have a choice. This is another headache that I am going to have to contend with.

5 comments:

The Family Jewels said...

I am praying for you!

I left you something fun on my blog!
-Tonia

Sara Millis said...

My thoughts are with you... Sara x

BetteJo said...

Oh my. As if having a sick child weren't enough. I work at a laboratory and it seems that the doc who has the results ought to be working with the hospital directly! You shouldn't have to be involved! Not in that part of it anyway.

Ugh. I've said it before but hang in there - sometimes you have to push really hard to find the answers and get the care you (for your son) need.

Dee-e-e-e-p breathing ....

palette48 said...

Thank you tonia and bette jo,

Still don't have the appointment but they finally got the results from the fax so now I am just waiting.

palette48 said...

Sarah,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your prayers. Appreciate that.