Friday, November 30, 2007

In the Midst of Winter

It snowed about 7 to 8 inches on Thursday. The weatherman was totally off the mark as he said it would be just a couple of inches at the most and not even that. Still it was beautiful, seeing all the trees with their branches covered in snow. Even dusted off my cross country skis and went out in the backyard and gave them a work-out.



So in the midst of winter, I decided to paint peonies. A customer was interested in some although I am not sure they would necessarily want this one but it gave me an excuse to escape the winter cold.


4 comments:

BetteJo said...

I love peonies, that's SO pretty!

We have only had flurries, nothing really on the ground yet. I like to see it - don't want to shovel it or drive in it!

Catherine said...

What a lovely photo of the snow! I love snow but just as long as I don't have to get out and about in it. Everything grinds to a halt here even if we get a tiny smattering!

Your painting's beautiful too!!

palette48 said...

bettejo and catherine,

The snow is starting to melt off. I am afraid it is just going to be one big mess here and it is supposed to rain all week. I do prefer the snow to the rain so I am a little sad to see it all go.

Rick said...

I was never brave enough for water color. My art is of a little different nature.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/