Friday, November 9, 2007

Two Birds with One Stone

I decided to do a low key party for my BF who will be turning fifty this month. Luckily, I belong to a neat group of 9 women and they jumped in to help me. My one friend, who has been laid up for the past 3 weeks, is going to host it. The rest of us will be bringing food. I am bringing the decorations and the drinks. A couple of the girls are baking and decorating a birthday cake. This party is supposed to provide company for my laid up friend and be a surprise party for my BF. So it will kill two birds with one stone.

The recipe that I am bringing, I have a made a couple of times and it has been good. It's a low fat chicken recipe. I have been making it for Andy, who gave it his seal of approval.

Asian Chicken Noodle Salad

Ingredients:
  • 4 cps of thinly shredded cooked chicken
  • 1/4 cp of peanut butter (creamy)
  • 1/4 cp of soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
  • 1 tbs[ sugar
  • 1 tbs minced ginger
  • 3 tbsp chicken broth
  • 12 oz linguine
  • 2 carrots grated
  • 4 scallions chopped
  • 1 small red pepper chopped
Boil linguine. Rinse in cold water. Put in bowl. Blend peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic
sauce, sugar, ginger, and broth until smooth.
Add chicken, carrots, scallions, pepper strips to linguine and toss. Pour peanut sauce over mixture and toss.

* The chili garlic is spicy so I usually don't add the full amount. Also I saute all veggies since my son has digestive problems.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

What lovely friends you've got! The best parties are the ones where everyone contributes something! I hope you have lots of fun.

The recipie sounds really delicious. I love spicy food. However, what are scalions?

palette48 said...

Catherine,

I do have great friends and the party is tonite so it will be a fun time. Scallions are green onions.

BetteJo said...

Mm-m-m - like pad thai! I love the peanut butter in there, yummy!
Hope the party is great fun!