Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Walking the Fine Line

Things have not been going well for Andy. His D came back yesterday and today. I am getting a little concerned as he can't afford much more weight loss. He is deathly afraid of eating now as he feels everything is setting off his symptoms. I have upped his calcium to 900 mg and will probably have to go to 1200 today. His D was a little better this morning but still present. I am praying the calcium is going to do its job and keep everything in check. Everyday, I don't know what I am going to have to wake up to and it's getting stressful. I can't even imagine what Andy is having to deal with. I finally got a chance to listen to the audio ibs program by Michael Mahoney cds. I have been making Andy listen to them daily. I listened to one session and have to say it was very relaxing and I think I am going to have to do it too just so I can keep my anxieties under control.

This set back has been a real downer. I thought we had found the combination that worked. I still think it's there but I am going to have to fine tune it some more. I feel like I am walking this fine line to keep calories on him but not upset the IBS at the same time. Now with the migraine and school thrown at him, everything has been turned upside down. This has been one of the most challenging things I ever have had to face and I am not even the one who has the IBS. So I can't imagine how it has been for my son.

No comments: