Friday, August 17, 2007

Trying to Wrap Up and UnWrap Loose Ends

Had a great start to my day. I was working on an Etsy order and had to use my printer. The paper got jammed and I was trying to fix it. Did not notice that the cord to the blinds had fallen down and was now being fed into my printer as I was trying to advance the sheet that was stuck. All of a sudden my printer went berserk, every light came on and it was making terrible noises. To my horror, I saw the cord had wrapped around one of the rods inside, several times. I shut it off , got out the instruction booklet and looked for the trouble shooting section. Needless to say, there wasn't anything on how to undo a cord that was wound around the insides of a printer. I don't think the authors had anticipated that ever being a problem. There was nothing on how to open the back of the printer up even.

I decided to take action into my own hands. Got a flashlight, tweezers, manicure scissors and a knife. I proceeded to surgically remove the cord off the rod. It took about 30 minutes. It was a lot of cord and very thick too. Piece by piece, I got it out of there. Then I held my breath as I proceeded to test the printer for damage. It worked with no problems! What a relief.

Yesterday, I baked 6 dozen peanut butter cookies. I put 1/2 in a care package to my college son and the other 1/2 is going to his friend (recovering from a car crash) that we will see tonight . I spent most of this morning trying to get the package ready and birthday cards in the mail.

We made some special low-fat cookies too that my younger son could eat and I will post the recipe the next time around. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow , out- of -town. My youngest had out grown all his dress clothes , even ones that I bought back in May. I had to get him new pants and then I had to hem them yesterday. He even out grew his dress shoes but luckily wears the same size as my older son, so Andy will just borrow his brother's shoes. Also have to prepare him special food to take with us as he can't have anything at the reception.

I have to say the one question that irritates me the most is, "Did you do anything today?" It's a question my husband asks me periodically and it gets me very mad. A typical day has me running about 4 to 5 errands in the morning, usually I have orders to ship ( which I am grateful for) , groceries to buy, finances to do, the house to clean , laundry, the usual. I try to take care of all the nitty gritty details and loose ends so that my husband does not have to deal with them when he gets home. I feel as most housewives feel that we work really hard at the same chores over and over again and no one notices the time and effort we put in. It is a thankless job!

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

It's funny because as I was reading I was thinking how busy you are! I know, I hate that kind of question too. It's one reason I like being on my own, there is no one to make me feel like I have to account for my time so if I actually feel like being lazy, who cares??
Sometimes people (okay, men) don't realize all you do at home, especially with kids and a business and all the errands and the house besides. In your case, you also need time to paint - it's part of your business! Luckily it's your passion too. :)
Even really good guys do what I call stupid boy things, never realizing the connotation their words bring to mind.
I say - whup him upside the head next time he says that - he'll learn! :)

palette48 said...

Bette Jo,

That just made me laugh so hard! Yes, I do want to whup him and stomp on him. The thing is he knows that question sets me off and then he asks it again. I think he does it on purpose just to push my buttons. Thanks for the words of support. That made me feel lots better.