I just walked into the bathroom and was bowled over the smell of chlorine. I had dropped a chlorine tablet into the tank last week to keep the bowl clean and I didn't realize how strong the smell was. Then it occurred to me that I had just started using these things back in May. We were going to be having company and I was tired of the trying to manually keep the bowl clean. Andy's symptoms started in early June. Also I had a flashback to when he was swimming in an enclosed pool up at the YMCA Rocky Mountain camp in Colorado. He got really ill from the chlorine. It irritated his skin and burned his eyes. His grandmother told me at the time that she had a terrible allergy to chlorine. I also just read on a message board about people whose IBS symptoms were triggered by the sorbitol in toothpaste or some ingredient in shampoo or phenol in cleaning products. Could it be that this was a trigger for him?!
I have been focused so heavily on the food intolerances that it did not occur to me that it could be something on the outside. It is worth a try. I am removing all chlorine from the bathrooms and I am changing my cleaning products from pinesol to something more natural.
His D was non existent today! I kept the calcium at 900 mg and changed his diet a little bit.