Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ordinary is Good

I make it a point to reread certain books that I have because I sometimes can learn something new the second or third time around. I just finished Fearless Living by Rhonda Britten. The first time I read it years ago, I didn't walk away with anything I didn't already know.
Several years ago I use to work outside the home, due to lack of funding and a young child that hated going to daycare, I became a stay at home mom. Because my identity was somewhat tied up with my job, it was difficult at times to be at home. Now I can say, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. Anyway, this book spoke to me that you don't have to be a rocket scientist or astronaut to be extraordinary. No matter what your job is, you can bring to it your own unique gifts and skills. Also Rhonda wrote on how being a waitress taught her everything she needed to know about running her own business. No matter what you do, you can give and gain in extraordinary ways.


Here is a Siberian Husky giclee print that I have done.

1 comment:

Quotentials said...

Your watercolors are AMAZING. I don't think you should be uncomfortable with the artist label, at all. I am putting a link to your blog on my site...I don't want to lose it!

Sheryl