Thursday, June 14, 2007

Creativity in Shower Themes

My best friend's daughter is getting married and I wanted to do something special for the shower. I decided to do the decor in a certain theme. Both the daughter and fiance are in the health professions so my idea is to do the color scheme in emergency red and white. I just finished designing their invitations and I have to say that I think they came out really well. It's going to be a couple's shower so I have a paramedic truck on the front along with information about the shower.It's covered with a sheet of vellum tied with a ribbon. Inside, I have a card that says 911 emergency gift ideas and then where the couple is registered. Also for directions to my house, I have another card that says where to dispatch the unit to. I had to think long and hard about table decorations but I am going to use hypo syringes (horse ones) and fill them with mints as well as red and white flowers for centerpieces. I am also going to make little first aid kits as favors for the guests. It's going to be another huge party. I hope I am up for the challenge. My sister-in-law says I should become a professional party planner. I don't know about that, but I do know I have total respect for people who do this kind of work . I still have not recovered from planning and putting on my son's graduation party.


My latest ACEO original "Songbird" is available in my etsy store

No comments: