Here are a few things I have been doing to help me out of this funk:
- I have been reading lots of inspiring blogs, here's one called The Secret of Life, Spirituality with a Smile and that has helped.
- It may sound strange but I cleaned my house yesterday and that makes me feel good to have a nice organized home at least for a short time.
- My son's party won't be until the 4th but I am having some friends over to celebrate Andy's and their daughter's birthday too this weekend.
- I spent the morning baking a cake from scratch. It's a great cake and not too sweet. Here is the recipe from Recipes 4 Cakes.com:
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake:
1 1/2 cps Sugar
1/2 cp Margarine or Butter softened
1/4 cp Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cps All purpose flour
1/4 cp Unsweetened Cocoa
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cp Buttermilk
2 cps Shredded Zucchini
1/2 to 1 cp Semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cp Chopped Nuts
In a bowl, combine sugar, margarine, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Beat well. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and buttermilk. Blend well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pan. Bake until knife comes out clean. Grease pan and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can put frosting on it but I just sprinkle powdered sugar on it and it tastes yummy!
- Finally, I am reading a book called The Dalai Lama A Policy of Kindness, An Anthology of Writings by and about the Dalai Lama. It talks about the Tibetan people and the Dalai Lama's struggles, his life, his views, his reverence for all living things . A very fascinating read and very enlightening. I hope to gain much from this great spiritual teacher.