Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remodeling the Bedroom

After a very slow start, I have finally begun painting my bedroom furniture. I am trying to save some $'s so instead of getting new furniture, I am recycling the old by giving it a whole new look. I spent the last 3 weeks working on one nightstand. Painted it about 5 times with primer and 3 different color coats of green. I was looking at the sample color rectangles to choose my colors but when I went to paint my furniture, the color never matched the rectangle and I was very dissatisfied with it. I went back to Lowe's 3 times and now have finally found the color that will work. This is going to be a huge job as I have to paint another nightstand, dresser, chest, mirror frame and the head board to the bed. We are also going to redo our entire bathroom,knock down walls, put in a walk-in closet to my master bedroom and also put in laminated hardwood floors. Hopefully, we can get a contractor to help us with some of it, but the majority of work will be up to my husband and me.


First coat of primer






Grass Pattern

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

I'm sure I can paint some furniture, but I know I couldn't put any kind of pattern on it! Very nice!
...and need I add - one of a kind!