Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bathroom Remodel

I am pushing my husband to get going on the remodeling that we can do ourselves. The master bedroom and bath will have to wait a while as we are going to need a contractor because frankly, I have knocked out walls and rebuilt walls and I don't want to mess with that anymore. The guest bathroom, however, is small and all I want to do is tile the floor, repaint the walls, paint the cabinets and have a new sink ,sink top and mirror put in. Originally I wanted to replace everything in the bathroom except the shower. It was going to come in around $1000, which I thought was a lot considering how tiny this space is.



After going to Lowes and some other places, and comparing prices, we found our sink. Fourteen years ago, we put our shower in to match the old sink and toilet, we now have to match the new sink to the old shower. Really limits our choices as it was this old beige color that is really difficult to find. The toilet I wanted didn't even come in that shade so we can't replace it. Got our tile on clearance, and I am going to just paint the cabinets so they won't have to be replaced either. I am hoping to do this all under $500.00. Also we have to replace the door and the molding as it was done in a darker stain and I have since remodeled the rest of the house in a lighter color.



My back is already hurting from painting the bedroom furniture, I just hope it can hold out until all the remodeling is completed.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Oh what a pain! But a pretty bathroom is so nice!