Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Paid Surveys, Do They Really Pay?

I decided to research paid surveys to see what they were all about. In the past, I was totally turned off by them because you had to sign up for offers that usually entail a free trial period , then if you didn't cancel in a certain amount of time, you were stuck paying a monthly fee.

I did a search on the internet and tons of information about surveys abound. It was tough going through it because most people were pushing certain sites that they were affiliated with. If you signed up through them, they would get compensation for the referral.

I think it is very hard to find all the survey sites online. Many don't advertise that heavily so they will not show up in the searches. I signed up for paidsurveysonline. It's a site where they list many survey sites and you have to pay a fee to access it. It was OK but not great. There were a lot of broken links. Also the big survey sites, I already knew about. Still there were some that I had never heard of. Supposedly all these sites checked out and are legitimate. They are not supposed to scam you.

Here is a blog that I found that rates the different paid survey sites and I think he does a great job, Paid Survey Scams.

Right now, I have made about $50.00 + dollars doing several $1.00 or less surveys. I just did one today that was $5.00. Cashcrate is one that I only do the daily surveys on, I don't do the offers. I did have 3 people sign up under me and made about $5.00 from those referrals. I received my first check from Cashcrate for $11.40 so they do pay when you have $10.00 or more in your account. Another site is InboxDollars.com and SendEarnings.com. They have $1.00 daily surveys. Treasuretrooper.com is another one that is offering $1.00 and $.75 daily surveys. I don't qualify for every survey but I do qualify for quite a few. Still I am researching the paid surveys that pay $5.00 and up and they are out there. I am hoping that more and more of my surveys will be in the $10.00-$35.00 range.

I have two separate emails to handle the surveys and all the spam that comes with it. I did do a couple of offers but some places will not let you cancel in a timely fashion so I decided to not do anymore. I am spending an hour or less per day taking 1-4 surveys. Some go about 10 minutes, most are around 20.

All my earnings are going into buying GET ( Guaranteed Education Tuition) credits for my younger son. I already have 2 years of tuition bought for him and I am hoping the surveys will help me buy the next 2 years.

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Wow! How smart! The only time I ever tried the survey thing - somehow I never got anything in return. Hmmm.

palette48 said...

bettejo,

Hopefully I am getting a little smarter. I was signing up for many surveys. Now I am a little more careful and I am trying to research it before I give them any info. I don't want them stealing my Identity or scamming me in other ways.

Catherine said...

What a super idea to help pay your son's tuition!! You seem to have such a huge amount of choice in America. I looked into the survey thing at one point but most of it was from America. Maybe I need to take another look to see if we've caught up a bit here, but obviously you'd advise to be cautious.

palette48 said...

catherine,

I did notice some surveys were international. Although most were probably for US only. In this global economy, you would think international opinions will be sought after more and more.