Saturday, July 17, 2010

Single White Peony

It has been really difficult painting and I think I was having painter's block problems. I have recently started doing  freelance writing and that has kept me really busy. But what has been amazing is that it got me motivated to paint more and work on all my other projects! I thought that I would have less time because of the writing and instead it seems I have more.  This new painting, I finished in record time and it's called, "A Single White Peony".



Took me about 3 days off and on to complete it. I really need to invest in some new paints but I am trying to use up my old supplies before I do that. Anyway, I was happy with how it turned out. I love to do white flowers in watercolor. It's strange because I have a lot of trouble doing white dogs, must be the fur. My next project, I'm thinking grapes!

No comments: